What you need to know.
The dates for Community Groups are November 6 and November 13 . Please see your Community Group leader for time and location of each meeting. If you would like to join a Community Group, please contact Chris Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Community groups are a strategic ministry of Christ Covenant. This key ministry of our church affords us the opportunity to know Christ and grow in his word together. If you would like to be in one of these community groups please click here to sign up, or email Shaun Sipe at email@example.com
Why does Christ Covenant Church have Community Groups?
The purpose of Community Groups is to cultivate relationships where authentic Christianity can be experienced through simple gatherings of people who have a common union (hence “community”) with Christ. The reasons that community groups are necessary to accomplish this are:
- You were created for relationships and community; not isolation and loneliness (Gen. 2).
- We need each other in order to function as the body of Christ (I Cor. 12, Eph. 4).
- There are promises that God has extended to the group, and not simply the individual (I Peter 2:9-10).
What Can I Expect when I attend a Community Group?
- You can expect to take some risks. Anytime we seek to connect to the community, we are taking risks. But risk means that there is substantial reward as well. Community Groups are risky and very rewarding.
- You can expect to grow closer to your church family. Community Groups happen in our homes, so we are intentionally living life together. Kids roaming, pets exploring, food and drink getting passed around; these are the sights and sounds of Community Groups. But this is also where we learn to make disciples, as we live life together.
- You can expect to be cared for regularly. Community Groups are an extension of the shepherding ministry of Christ Covenant Church. As such, you will be prayed for, supported in times of need, called upon to contribute to the needs around you, and offered counsel in all of life’s challenges.